Inner Compass recognises that your privacy is very important to you and we are committed to promoting confidence in the manner in which your personal information is handled by us. Inner Compass is bound by, and committed to, supporting the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) which were enacted in March 2014.
The following statement explains how Inner Compass collects, uses, discloses and protects this information on its web site. Specifically the:
- Collection – personal information is only collected to ensure blog readers, event attendees, and clients are able to be contacted and made aware of services available.
- Use and Disclosure – information will only be used to contact blog readers, client, and event attendees, and no information will be disclosed to any third party without prior approval.
- Data Quality – we will ensure any data collected will be accurate, complete and current.
- Data Security – we will protect data from misuse, loss or unauthorised use.
- Openness – the type of information collected is openly available to anyone.
- Identifiers – no Commonwealth or State identifiers are collected or used.
- Anonymity – it is impracticable for clients, readers, and event attendees to remain anonymous.
- Transborder Data Flows – Inner Compass uses 1shoppingcart.com, a secure online data collection agency whose headquarters are based in the United States but whose services are international.
- Sensitive Information – sensitive information is not collected.
- Access and Correction – we encourage personal information to be regularly updated and personal information collected to be available to the individual concerned.
Resolving Problems Related To Your Privacy
If you need to make a complaint about your private information or about a possible privacy breach regarding access to your personal information, please contact us on + 61 2 6162 0554 or write to us at Inner Compass, PO Box 5194 Lyneham ACT 2602.
We have an internal process to address such issues. The Office of Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) suggests you allow 30 days for Inner Compass to respond to your privacy complaint, and then you may complain to the OAIC.
If you are not satisfied with our decision you can direct your complaint to the OAIC in one of 4 ways:
- The OAIC online “Privacy Complaint Form” at www.oaic.gov.au
- By mail (if you have concerns about postal security, you may wish to consider sending your complaint by registered mail);
- By fax (02) 9284 9666 or
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org